What do Ten Days on the Island volunteers do?
We need volunteers to work across a variety of exciting projects and roles and in many different venues, both indoors and outdoors, before, during and after the festival. However, the essential part of all roles will be representing Ten Days on the Island, providing information and directions to visitors to ensure everyone has a positive experience!
- Front of House, Ushering, Box Office
- Exhibition Invigilating
- Venue Set Up and Pack Down
- Car Parking Marshalls
- Promotional Activities
- General Event Support
When and Where?
Shifts will be announced closer to the 2021 Festival.
We are looking for people with the following:
- An interest in art, culture and community.
- Friendly people with a good attitude and communication skills.
- Willing to learn information and attend a minimum of one volunteer briefing (TBC).
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
People volunteer for all sorts of reasons:
- Experience and engage in unique cultural and artistic activities.
- Play an important role in contributing to Tasmanian arts.
- Build and develop skills.
- Meet like-minded people.
- Be active, connect and represent your community.
Volunteers will be provided with a festival t-shirt, discounted tickets to selected shows and a Certificate of Appreciation.
How to Apply
If you would like to volunteer with us in 2021, please fill out the contact form. We will be in contact within 1 week of receipt of application. Please keep in mind that spaces are limited and there are no guarantees of volunteers being placed. We are an inclusive organisation and wish to provide a working environment that is accessible for all.
Please advise in the comments section as to any access requests, or other considerations, so that we may make suitable arrangements where possible.